STAFF POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director
Job Summary: Responsible for administrative support to the Executive Director. Requires frequent and effective contact with persons both internal and external to the organization utilizing effective communication skills. Duties are performed with minimal supervision and through personal initiative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key activities may include but are not limited to: telephone, e-mail, and computer correspondence; planning and coordination of meetings; calendar/appointment management; preparation and distribution of correspondence; gift receipting and running (not creating) reports, maintenance of records and files.
- Responsible for administrative office duties identified by the Executive Director. Duties may include but are not limited to: recording, converting, and distributing minutes for appropriate meetings; establishing and maintaining supply orders and/or services needed for effective operations; coordinating facility needs as needed. Prioritize work assignments as directed by the Executive Director.
- Provides an effective and responsible contact for persons external to the organization who are seeking information and assistance including phone calls and email contact. Represents the United Way in a positive and responsive manner.
- Provides encouragement to those with whom you work through conduct, attitude, and professionalism. Represents the United Way to donors, clients, volunteers, staff and agencies in a way that reflects well on the United Way. Understands the organizations policies and procedures.
- Handles information in a confidential and ethical manner.
- Review general departmental budget lines with the Executive Director and Treasure as needed.
- Assist in identification of leads and prospects for fundraising and volunteer leadership.
Education: High School diploma mandatory College Degree and/or its’ equivalent preferred.
Work Experience: Two or more years related work experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software and cloud computing
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Accuracy, organization, and attention to detail
- A basic ability to navigate the web, update WordPress blogs and post on social networks
The position is a temporary three month position with the potential to grow into a longer term position. The position starts at $10 an hour for 10 to 15 hours a week as needed. Email united.way.of.franklin.co.@gmail.org with a cover letter, three references and a resume if interested. The closing date for applications is March 6, 2015. United Way thanks you for your interest.