United Way is hosting Franklin County’s first ever LIVE GAME SHOW…
How the Game Show Works…
The I.Q. Throw Down is a fundraising event designed to strengthen our community while having fun with co-workers, friends, family, neighbors, and colleagues.
- Your company, organization or church will register two or three people to represent you at a LIVE Quiz Bowl/Trivia style Game Show on April 12th! NOTE: There is a $25 entry fee for each team but the fee will be waived if your team is sponsored (see sponsorship opportunities below). Please register by April 6th by emailing email@example.com
- Get a leg up on this trivia competition: Simply listen to KOFO 103.7 FM/1220 AM or follow the KOFO Twitter feed to obtain some of the questions and answers in advance! We encourage everyone to tune in to KOFO at 7:20 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from now to April 12th!
- The live game show will be hosted at 7:00 p.m. on April 12th at the Ottawa Municipal Auditorium in Ottawa… Join us
- Admission Prices Will Vary: General Admission– A suggested donation of $5; Student Admission– A suggested donation of $3; Box Seating– fully catered box seats with free drinks and snacks are available for businesses, organizations or individuals willing to RSVP and donate at a sponsorship level- https://unitedwayoffranklinco.org/sponsor-our-event/
- Teams will be organized on March Madness-style brackets in advance of the Game Show. The brackets will be posted on our website, our community partners’ websites and our social networks on April 8th. Audience members will be encouraged to fill them out and submit them at the event for a suggested donation of $10 per bracket. ALL BRACKETS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE GAME SHOW BEGINS @ 7:00 p.m. The bracket winners will receive an award of $50 in Chamber Currency! –Note: on the back of each Chamber Currency bill is a sizable list of local businesses that honor the currency as if it were true money-
- For fun- If a team gets stumped, and if the moderator, Dr. Tony Brown, allows it, random audience members could be selected to help the team. Therefore, we encourage EVERYONE who plans to attend to listen to KOFO to gain knowledge of the game show questions and the answers in advance!
- The GRAND PRIZE- If your team wins the competition, not only will you get a medal proving you have the highest collective I.Q. in Franklin County, but you and each of your teammates will win $100 in Ottawa Chamber Currency! –Note: on the back of each Chamber Currency bill is a sizable list of local businesses that honor the currency as if it were true money-
Why We Need This Event…
Money raised during this event will be used to help improve the lives of Franklin County residents by supporting the services provided by United Way’s 2019 Member Agencies.
By mobilizing the caring power of community members like you, United Way and its Member Agencies work together to promote healthy lifestyles, improve local education at all levels and help people achieve financial stability. United Way of Franklin County’s Member Agencies include the American Red Cross, Big Brothers Big Sisters, CASA, Cerebral Palsy Research Foundation of Kansas, Children’s Mercy Hospital, Communities in Schools, ECKAAA (Meals on Wheels), ECKAN, Elizabeth Layton Center, Habitat for Humanity, Hope House, LifeCare Center for Women, Midland Care Hospice, tiny-k Early Intervention, Ottawa Community Arts Council’s OYAA youth program, Ottawa Recreation Foundation- Summer Camp Program, The Willow Domestic Violence Center and The Sexual Trauma & Abuse Care Center.
How can you help?
Encourage employees, co-workers, friends and their family members to attend the event!
Participate/register a team, sponsor the event or RSVP – When you sign up today you will help us continue to provide Franklin County residents with the most vital social services needed in our community! You can reach us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (785) 418-2015.