UWFCA is always looking for volunteers to support our Member Agencies.
Here are some examples of volunteer opportunities available:
- American Red Cross – Donate Blood, Disaster Action Team Member, Disaster Health Services Volunteer, Disaster Work Force Respondent, Building Maintenance
- Big Brothers Big Sisters – Inspire young people to succeed by mentoring through a one-one-one match during the school day.
- CASA – Advocate to assist in a child’s court proceedings.
- Communities In Schools – Tutoring: Help children and/or youth with homework or a specific school subject. Skilled volunteering:Bring your skills to the table to help Communities In Schools be successful. Program volunteering:Say “yes” to helping with one-time programs. Other mentoring opportunities:mentor children and/or youth through programs such as Boys Club or Girls Club.
- ECKAN – The ECKAN Ottawa Volunteer Center inspires, equips, and mobilizes people to take action and change their community for the better.
- Habitat For Humanity – Making a lunch for our workers on the construction site, help organize or staff a fund raising event, take pictures at our events and work days , serve on a committee, help us find our next partner family, write something for our newsletter, be part of the construction committee, help us locate and coordinate our volunteers for the work days, help the office (filing, returning phone calls, making copies, paying bills, etc.)
- Hope House -Hope house is constantly in need of volunteers to assist in a variety of different activities.
- LifeCare Center – Help is needed in countless ways. Some serve directly with women and men who come to our center for help; many more serve behind the scenes. All make a difference for our clients’ ability to choose life for their unborn child.
- Mid-American Nutrition Program (Meals On Wheels) – Meal delivery drivers are always needed, you can also help in the office with tasks such as folding flyers, packing envelopes, or cutting other media products or promotions to be sent or displayed.
- Midland Care Hospice – As a volunteer at Midland Care, you will have many opportunities to listen, run an errand, make a bouquet, give a speech, bake cookies, tell a story, help a child, dry a tear, provide vigil care, be a companion, work in an office, play the piano, create memories and be a part of a team.
- Willow Domestic Violence Center – Non-direct service volunteers: help with special events, office assistance, community education, and marketing, need 6 hours of training. Direct service volunteers: includes shelter advocates, court advocates, and children’s program advocates,