United Way of Franklin County had an amazing time cheering on the Braves from Ottawa University today!
We appreciate all the support that we received throughout the game and for all of the cheers during half time!
Lets Go Braves!!!!
With the Holiday Season fast approaching, there is a good chance that you will be doing a lot of online searching during the next few months… Well, we have some great news for you! You can raise money for United Way by simply searching for and buying items online!
By using GoodSearch.com instead of search engines like Google, Bing and Ask.com, United Way of Franklin County will generate revenue and be able to help more people! Please follow the directions below and take a minute to watch the informational video on how to get started: http://www.goodsearch.com/getstarted.aspx?viewType=RV
It is important to note that you must select “United Way of Franklin County Association” (try this direct link: https://www.goodsearch.com/nonprofit/united-way-franklin-county-association.aspx) before you begin to use this search engine. You only have to select it one time and then your computer will automatically save your selection (if you switch computers please remember to select us again before searching on GoodSearch). After you have selected us, a portion of GoodSearch’s ad revenue will be donated to us from every GoodSearch search you make!! Cool right? Thank you for investing in our community in every way possible!
Don’t forget to tell all of your friends about this amazing way to help a great cause!
UWFCA is always looking for volunteers to support our Member Agencies.
Here are some examples of volunteer opportunities available:
- American Red Cross – Donate Blood, Disaster Action Team Member, Disaster Health Services Volunteer, Disaster Work Force Respondent, Building Maintenance
- Big Brothers Big Sisters – Inspire young people to succeed by mentoring through a one-one-one match during the school day.
- CASA – Advocate to assist in a child’s court proceedings.
- Communities In Schools – Tutoring: Help children and/or youth with homework or a specific school subject. Skilled volunteering:Bring your skills to the table to help Communities In Schools be successful. Program volunteering:Say “yes” to helping with one-time programs. Other mentoring opportunities:mentor children and/or youth through programs such as Boys Club or Girls Club.
- ECKAN – The ECKAN Ottawa Volunteer Center inspires, equips, and mobilizes people to take action and change their community for the better.
- Habitat For Humanity – Making a lunch for our workers on the construction site, help organize or staff a fund raising event, take pictures at our events and work days , serve on a committee, help us find our next partner family, write something for our newsletter, be part of the construction committee, help us locate and coordinate our volunteers for the work days, help the office (filing, returning phone calls, making copies, paying bills, etc.)
- Hope House -Hope house is constantly in need of volunteers to assist in a variety of different activities.
- LifeCare Center – Help is needed in countless ways. Some serve directly with women and men who come to our center for help; many more serve behind the scenes. All make a difference for our clients’ ability to choose life for their unborn child.
- Mid-American Nutrition Program (Meals On Wheels) – Meal delivery drivers are always needed, you can also help in the office with tasks such as folding flyers, packing envelopes, or cutting other media products or promotions to be sent or displayed.
- Midland Care Hospice – As a volunteer at Midland Care, you will have many opportunities to listen, run an errand, make a bouquet, give a speech, bake cookies, tell a story, help a child, dry a tear, provide vigil care, be a companion, work in an office, play the piano, create memories and be a part of a team.
- Willow Domestic Violence Center – Non-direct service volunteers: help with special events, office assistance, community education, and marketing, need 6 hours of training. Direct service volunteers: includes shelter advocates, court advocates, and children’s program advocates,